Extreme sports travel insurance plans are designed to provide coverage to the adventurous international traveler who “live on the edge of life.” The Patriot Adventure extreme sports insurance plan offers complete benefits, available 24 hours a day, to international citizens traveling outside their home country. Both plans are available for a minimum of 30 days up to a maximum of six months.
The Patriot Adventure plan is complete travel insurance with extreme sports included. Coverage includes injuries resulting from athletic activities which are non-organized, non-contact and engaged solely for leisure, recreation, entertainment or fitness purposes. Some of the sports covered include, but are not limited to:
- motorcycle/motor scooter riding
- recreational downhill and/cross country snow skiing
- horseback riding
- water skiing
Adventure Sports Covered by Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
Addition adventure sport activities are covered as well: abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, high diving, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, mountain biking, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft, rappelling, rock climbing or mountaineering (see mountaineering insurance), scuba diving, skydiving, snorkeling, snowboarding, snowmobiling, snow skiing, spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting, wildlife safaris, and windsurfing. Participation in all extreme sport and adventure sports activities must be in strict accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the applicable authority.
Activities not covered include any amateur or professional sports (rugby, football, soccer, etc.) or other athletic activity which is organized and sanctioned by any collegiate sanctioning body (e.g., NCAA), a government body, or the IOC (International Olympic Committee).
- Short-term travel medical insurance
- Coverage for individuals and dependents
- Two plan designs – one for U.S. citizens and one for non-U.S. citizens
- Maximum Limit $50,000
- Coverage for several adventure sport activities
- Coverage for a minimum of 30 days up to a maximum of six months
- Option to purchase in 15-day increments after one month is purchased
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24-hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
The extreme sports travel insurance plans referenced above do cover many high-risk sports and activities. However, they also contain specific language excluding activities you might expect to be included. Please refer to the Certificate of Insurance for a complete list of covered and excluded activities.