Patriot Exchange Student Insurance Plan
The Patriot Exchange Program provides medical coverage for students, families, and groups while studying abroad. Designed for individuals and groups of five or more students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs. Most plan options are designed to meet the U.S. J1 and J2 visa travel insurance requirements.
- Coverage for students, groups, and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Plan maximums limit up to $500,000 per injury or illness, Lifetime Maximum $5,000,000
- Plans are renewable for up to 48 months if a minimum of one month is purchased
- Groups may purchase customizable annually renewable long term plans
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Medical coverage for COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 is included
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- Prescription drugs and medication benefit includes a per period of coverage maximum limit of $250,000 per person
- 24-hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- No coinsurance
- Optional Add-On coverage available for high school sports, interscholastic, intramural, or club sports, personal liability, and legal assistance
- Teladoc (Groups only): Phone or online video consultations are available from IMG's national network of board-certified doctors and pediatricians in the U.S., who are available 24/7/365. (Teladoc is considered as treatment inside the U.S.)
Who is Patriot Exchange Designed For?
- Individuals and groups participating in student international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- International graduate students
- Scholars and educators
Whether your study or exchange takes you abroad for a few weeks or a year, your cultural exchange experience should be enjoyable. You have enough to worry about when you're traveling. Don't let your medical coverage be uncertain. IMG has developed the Patriot Exchange Program to offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Most of the plan options are designed to meet the U.S. visa travel insurance requirements for a student studying abroad or a participant of cultural exchange, the individual and group plans provide coverage for dependents and may be purchased in monthly increments.
You also have your choice of plan maximums and additional add-on coverages. You may also seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice. When seeking treatment in the U.S., you have access to the independent Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), a separately organized network of hundreds of thousands of established, highly qualified health care physicians and many well-recognized hospitals in the U.S. contracted by IMG. You can quickly search the network through MyIMG.
To help you locate health care providers outside the U.S., IMG Insurance provides its online International Provider AccessSM (IPA), a database of over 17,000 providers.
For More Information About Patriot Exchange
- Visit the schedule of benefits page,
- Run a free quote for pricing, and
- Apply Online
- Also: Download the Patriot Exchange Brochure and Application
Related: Insurance for OPT Programs