Global Medical Health Insurance from GeoBlue – Xplorer Health
Global health insurance that covers you inside and outside the U.S.
The GeoBlue Xplorer health plan is an excellent plan for US citizens who travel to or from the United States for extended periods of business, leisure, and study. If you leave home for six months or more, your health and financial security are at serious risk because of significant gaps in most available insurance coverage and services. This risk is only heightened by limited knowledge of health and safety hazards around the world, including medical treatment from unfamiliar providers.
GeoBlue Xplorer is one of the best international health plans because it combines comprehensive worldwide benefits with a new generation of medical assistance services, which include an impressive array of online and mobile tools used to identify, access and pay for quality healthcare all around the world.
GeoBlue Xplorer gives you the freedom to access care inside and outside the U.S. If you need benefits outside the U.S. only, explore the GeoBlue Xplorer Essential plan.
Some of the GeoBlue Xplorer Plan Highlights Include:
- GeoBlue does not require you pay the deductible for standard services such as office visits (general practitioner and specialists), preventative care (routine physical, vaccines), and outpatient prescriptions.
- Unlimited medical maximum. The most comprehensive benefits in the industry.
- No waiting periods associated with most benefits or services including preventive care.
- If you had primary US health insurance during the six months before your plan start date, we entirely waive the six-month pre-existing condition waiting period.
- Access to our elite doctors and notable hospitals can lead to better diagnosis, treatment, and medical outcomes.
- Access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO network when you are inside the US, which is the most extensive network in the US and about 93% of all US doctors and hospitals participate (Premier plan only).
- You can cancel any month you choose with no cancellation fee
- No extreme sports exclusions
- GeoBlue Xplorer is underwritten by 4 Ever Life International which is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Reviews / Best For – An Overview of Xplorer Plan Options
The GeoBlue Xplorer plan has a few different options to meet the needs of a variety of people living abroad. First, eligibility is reserved for US citizens living abroad and internationals living in the USA. The plan is not available to residents of New York or Washington states.
Xplorer Premier – This plan is the most comprehensive plan with the maximum amount of coverage. For US citizens living abroad, the plan provides to most coverage in the USA compared to other providers – a total of 9 months of included benefits for US citizens each policy period. The Premier plan is great for individuals and families wanting the most coverage in the USA and worldwide with the minimum limitations.
The Xplorer Essential plan is the same plan as the Premier plan, it just excludes coverage in the USA. This option is great if you do not plan to return to the USA for any reason. It is also a good way to save money if you have an existing plan that will cover you in the USA. There are some variations to the Essential plan. If you are a US citizen and will maintain a US health insurance plan while you are living abroad, then you qualify for the Essential Select plan with a simplified underwriting process which asks fewer medical questions and could have a shorter decision turnaround time. With the Essential plan, if you would like some coverage in the USA, you can add on the Basic USA coverage rider: “Limited benefits are available for a covered person while temporarily visiting the United States. Temporary visits to the United States are limited to a combined maximum of 3 Trips per Calendar Year with a maximum trip length of 21 days for each Trip.”
GeoBlue and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, A Leader at Home and Abroad
GeoBlue is a recognized leader in international health insurance and medical assistance services, serving hundreds of thousands of world travelers annually. GeoBlue has partnered with the BCBS associations in multiple states to offer high-quality international health insurance plan to cover you anywhere in the world.
Highest Standards of Service
GeoBlue meets the highest expectations of quality. For medical care outside the U.S., members are free to see any provider and their benefits will remain the same.