Global Insurance Plans for Work, Life, or Travel Abroad
In addition to partnering with the leading insurance companies, we offer the most comprehensive array of travel, medical and specialty insurance plans for the international traveler, expat or global nomad.
Review plans and options from the list below. We have done the hard work by finding the highest quality companies in the industry. Take your time and review the policy descriptions, inclusions, and benefits to ensure you are getting the product and benefits you need.
International Insurance Plans
If you are not sure which products are best for your situation, you can compare plans and companies here or contact a licensed agent to help guide you.
Health Insurance Plans
We believe we can add the most value by advising our clients regarding international medical insurance plans that are comprehensive, annually renewable, and can vary from plan to plan and across providers. International Health or Global Medical Plans offer medical insurance for those living outside of their home country for a year or longer. The best plans offer:
- Freedom to choose any hospital, clinic or doctor
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance and Medical Helpline
- Emergency Evacuation, Repatriation, Hospitalization
- In most cases, Home Country coverage is included
- Choice of GBP, Euro and USD currencies for payment
Popular Global Insurance Plans Include:
- The flexibility to tailor a plan to suit your individual needs
- Access to Cigna Global’s network of trusted hospitals, clinics, and doctors
- The convenience and confidence of 24/7/365 customer service
- Fortune 100 company with more than 800,000 members
- Access to Annual Health Exams & Medications
- Coverage for Covid-19, Ask about 20% Discount in May and June
- Premium Benefits, Coverage and Service
- Define your deductible and prescription benefits
- For Foreigners in the US or US Citizens Abroad
Best Plans Based on Where You Will Be Living
Guides to the best health insurance for international citizens or expatriates living in specific countries based on the top destination countries of people living abroad.
Recommended Plans Based on Where you are Moving From
A list of the Expat Insurance Plans for People Moving From the Following Countries.
International Travel Insurance Plans
Travel Medical Plans are travel insurance plans to cover medical expenses as well as other risks when traveling overseas for, typically, less than a year. Some plans can be renewed for up to 3 years. Trip Insurance Plans cover the cost of your trip if you need to cancel with some additional benefits (emergency medical, lost luggage, trip delay, etc.).
Popular International Travel Insurance Plans
- You choose between the basic essentials and more extensive coverage.
- Meets Schengen visa insurance requirements.
- 24/7 worldwide travel and emergency medical assistance.
- Comprehensive trip protection for U.S. residents traveling abroad.
- Optional rental car collision coverage available.
- Optional Cancel for Any Reason coverage available (if eligible).
- Trip protection for non-U.S. residents traveling up to 30 days.
- $100,000 personal liability benefit.
- 24/7 multilingual travel assistance.
Additionally, if you are traveling multiple times throughout the year, you may be interested in an annual “multi-trip” travel insurance plan which allows you to travel abroad throughout the year and not have to worry about purchasing coverage each time you leave. Each trip must be less than a pre-specified amount of time – typically either 30 or 45 days in duration.
Additional International Plan Types and Policies
Above we outline the primary types of international coverage options, we offer. Please note, we have access to a variety of plans so if the options listed do not fit your situation, we can custom design a plan to meet your needs.
Global Group or Corporate Plans: International Insurance Plans for Groups
Our specific expertise in global health insurance coverage allows us to provide expertise to large groups, corporations, and non-profit organizations who require advice and direction while integrating global benefits into their program. Our expert and licensed agents can work with you to design specific plans tailored to your particular needs. As this is all we do, we find we can offer to do it better than anyone else and typically will provide better coverage at a lower rate. If your organization needs short-term travel medical coverage, comprehensive medical insurance, or other global insurance, contact us for assistance.
Specialty International Plans
Expatriate Insurance: Expatriates have specific needs when purchasing international health insurance. Our specialty is working with expats to find the right plan based on their budget and plan requirements. Talk with us for assistance in building the right cover for you and your family.
Student Insurance Plans: If you are planning to study abroad at an international university you will be required by both your school and your host country to have adequate international student insurance when you are visiting. To make sure you have the right plan, InternationalInsurance.com provides a range of options that will meet or exceed most visa insurance requirements and most schools. See Insurance for Students Abroad or OPT Student Insurance for graduates in the USA.
Senior Travel Insurance Plans: As you get older, plans become more expensive and can be harder to find. Often times, benefits available to younger travelers are limited for older travelers. Make sure you compare senior travel insurance plans before deciding on which option will be best for your situation.
Visitors Insurance Coverage provide medical and travel benefits to individuals, families, parents visiting from another country for a year or less.