8 Tips for Staying Healthy While Traveling Staying healthy while traveling has never been more challenging. Serious health threats like COVID-19 have everyone worried. It doesn’t help that travel is known for being a crowded, congested activity. Busy airport terminals, tiny airplane seats, bustling hotel lobbies, and swelling streets certainly don’t allow for much in […]
Travel Insurance News
News and updates related to travel insurance plans, coverage, companies and benefits.
Although most of the insurance plans listed on this site are for those traveling outside of their home country, either for a short trip or an extended stay, there are some specific plan types that fall into the general “Travel Insurance” category. We offer the following plans for international travelers:
- Trip Insurance – Covers the cost of your trip with some additional benefits (lost luggage, trip delay, etc.)
- Travel Medical Insurance – Covers medical expenses as well as other risks when traveling overseas for less than a year or for visitors from abroad.
- International Medical Insurance – Long-term health insurance for expatriates and global nomads living abroad for a year or more
- Emergency Evacuation – Assistance and transportation to the most appropriate hospital in an emergency situation
- Extreme Sports Coverage – Coverage for participants in Adventure or Extreme Sports
What Is Coronavirus And What Do Travelers Need To Know? A coronavirus is a kind of common virus that causes an infection in your nose, chest, sinuses, and upper throat. Though some can cause lower respiratory illness – worrisome for seniors, babies, and those with weakened immune systems – most coronaviruses are not dangerous. However, […]
Travel Insurance and Safety Tips for Tokyo 2020 Olympics Tokyo has been selected to host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games for the first time since 1964 and it will be the fourth Olympics overall for Japan. The games have been scheduled to take place from July 24 to August 9, 2020. Over 11,000 athletes […]
Understanding Air Pollution and Smog In China Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said in a speech that China was ‘waging war’- a war against air pollution and smog in China. Suddenly, one of China’s best known but rarely acknowledged problems were out in the open. The country’s long-standing position that there was nothing to be discussed […]
Is Motorcycle Insurance Needed For Your Travel Plans? People who love motorcycle travel say that there’s nothing like the feel of hitting the open road. The sense of freedom and possibility is intoxicating. Motorcycle travel is often less expensive and more eco-friendly than car travel – plus it’s so easy to find a parking space! […]