What is Trip Cancellation Insurance
Consider the following scenarios: What if you have (or a family member, business partner, travel companion has) an emergency illness or injury and are unable to travel? What if your passport is stolen while you are abroad? Terrorist incident? Jury Duty? All of these are possible scenarios that you may face and all are available benefits under a quality trip cancellation plan.
Do I Need “TripCan” Insurance Coverage?
Trip cancellation insurance provides protection in the event that you need to cancel your trip and cannot go. If this happens and you need to cancel for one of the covered reasons, you can get your costs back that you have already paid – this includes, depending on the plan you choose:
- Up to $50,000 for trip cancellation
- Up to $1,000 for travel delay
- Up to $2,000 for lost baggage
- Medical Expenses and Repatriation
- Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Cancel For Any Reason Upgrade!
- and much more…
We typically recommend Trip Cancellation insurance to customers who have purchased more expensive trips far in advance. It might not make sense to buy the policy for an inexpensive trip which leaves in a couple of days. The earlier you buy the plan, the longer you have coverage and therefore the more value you get for the policy.
Do I Need Trip Cancellation with Medical Coverage?
If you are concerned that an unexpected event might prevent you from traveling or an emergency illness or natural disaster might interrupt your trip, there are options to help protect your vacation investment from costly travel delay, baggage, and medical expenses.
With Trip Cancellation Coverage, you may recover non-refundable, unused payments and deposits when a trip is canceled or interrupted for a variety of reasons. Benefits are also provided for travel delays, baggage delays, and emergency medical treatment while you are away from home.
- Trip Insurance Overview
- Review and Compare Trip Cancellation Plans
- Travel Insurance for Non-US citizens
- Comprehensive trip protection for U.S. residents traveling abroad.
- Optional rental car collision coverage available.
- Optional Cancel for Any Reason coverage available (if eligible).