Long-term international students and scholars medical insurance
Designed for individuals or groups of five or more students or scholars participating in a sponsored study abroad program, and desire an annually renewable comprehensive medical plan. This plan meets student visa requirements, includes benefits for maternity, mental health, organized sports and international emergency care.
Student Health Advantage
- Standard and Platinum level benefits available
- Long-term medical coverage
- Coverage for individuals or groups of five or more participants and their dependents
- Coverage can be extended up to 12 months from the initial effective date if a minimum of three months is purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- Designed to meet U.S. student, scholar and cultural exchange program visa requirements
- Maternity coverage (Platinum only)
- Mental & Nervous Disorders and Substance Abuse coverage
- Intercollegiate/Interscholastic/Intramural or Club Sports coverage
- International emergency care
- Pre-existing coverage after 6 months with the Platinum option or 12 months with the Standard option
- Individual and groups of students participating in international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- Graduate international students
- Scholars and educators
Your educational adventure should be enjoyable and gratifying. Maintaining the ability to be flexible and responsive, IMG developed Student Health Advantage, an international health care plan designed to specifically meet the needs of international students involved in long-term educational programs. The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day.
Additionally, you have access to more than 17,000 providers when seeking treatment outside the U.S. using our International Provider AccessSM (IPA). You can also reduce your out-of-pocket expenses when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the independent Preferred Provider Organization.