Finding The Top Global Health Insurance Providers
Finding an international health insurance plan should be at the top of your list of priorities when planning your move abroad. Surprisingly, there are a number of very good options to choose from. And many of these health insurance plans are very affordable, especially when compared to health insurance plans in the US. But which companies are the best?
Researching International Health Insurance Companies
The best place to start is online. There are a number of resources to help you make your decision.
- Learn more about International Health Insurance Plans – an educated consumer is our best customer!
- Compare your Options: Compare International Plans
- The US Dept. of State offers a nice listing of international providers here: US Dept of State Travel Providers
- Learn about options to cover you for 1 year or less: Travel Medical Plans .
Please contact us for guidance on choosing the best international health insurance company and the right plan for your individual or group insurance needs. Use the form to the right or submit a quote request online.
What are the Best International Health Insurance Companies
Below is a comprehensive list of international insurance companies that offer the best in service, benefits, coverage and rates. As always, review the terms of the policy carefully and discuss with an international insurance broker who can help guide you through the process.
- Cigna was one of the first companies to offer expatriate or global medical insurance plans and they remain a leading international provider. Free Quote / Apply
- IntegraGlobal, a U.K. company that has service offices strategically placed worldwide in Europe, North America and Asia, specialize in providing health plans to organizations and individuals with unique health protection needs, such as expatriates, marine professionals and specialized risks. IntegraGlobal’s goal is to develop unique international health plans that offer you outstanding protection, excellent value and hands-on unbeatable personal service. Depedning on your destination, use the following links:
- International Medical Group – IMG offers the widest range of products, from trip cancellation to long term international medical plans (IMG Global Medical). For more than 20 years, IMG has provided international medical insurance, travel insurance and impeccable service to the international community insuring clients in more than 170 countries worldwide. Free Quote / Apply
- Allianz – One of the biggest insurance providers in the world, Allianz is a Germany company. Allianz Worldwide is the international health division of Allianz Worldwide Partners and part of the Allianz Group. The company is well known for its international reach, and for providing international health insurance for employees. Free Quote / Apply
- Aetna International – With more than 160 years of experience in health care, Aetna has specialized in international health benefits insurance for more than 55 years – with a growing global footprint to reach wherever you travel. They have been recognized with such prestigious awards as “Best International Private Health Insurance Provider” and “Health Insurer of the Year.” Free Quote / Apply
- BUPA International health Plan – Offers over 65 years of medical expertise and dedication to health. They have a global team of advisers and health experts who, between them, speak multiple languages – and a service that exceeds expectations. These are just a few of the things that make Bupa Global different. Explore how we provide you with world-class cover and stand apart from the rest. Free Quote / Apply
- GeoBlue Global Medical – Designed for US citizens abroad. GeoBlue is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and offers both short term travel medical plans as well as long term international health plans. Blue Cross Blue Shield is a federation of 37 independent health insurance providers in the United States. GeoBlue is a trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC (Worldwide Services Insurance Agency, LLC in California and New York), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Free Quote / Apply
How to Compare the Best Global Medical Plans
You are in luck! We have created a simple comparison of the international health insurance plans for your review. We include 3 of the best companies to keep it simple. You can compare other companies against these three to insure they are compared on the same terms. The other considerations are the AM Best ratings of the providers. The companies listed in our comparison all have A or A- ratings from AM Best. You can do a search here: AM Best Ratings Search Also Read: