Student Health Advantage Eligibility
In order to purchase Student Health Advantage, there are eligibility requirements to be met:
- To be a participant of the plan, you must be a student, scholar, intern, teacher or trainee enrolled in an educational or cultural exchange program for the purposes of teaching, study, research or receiving on the job training for a temporary period of time.
- You must be at least 31 days old, but not yet 65 years old to be eligible for the Student Health Advantage plan.
- You should also be physically and legally residing in the destination country with the intent to reside there for at least 30 days on the effective date and at renewal.
- You may also be eligible for the plan if you are the spouse or child of a participant and residing outside of your primary country of residence for a temporary period of time.
- The primary applicant must hold a J1, M1, or F1 visa, and the spouse must apply with the primary applicant, they cannot apply alone.
- The primary applicant may not be hospitalized, disabled, pregnant, or HIV+ on the initial effective date.