Customers average rating of World Nomads travel insurance:
Designed for Adventurous Travelers
You can buy the World Nomads plan even after you’ve left your home country. Travel medical insurance from World Nomads is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travelers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a wide range of adventure sports and activities.
Features & Benefits of World Nomads Travel Insurance
- Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense Coverage is for medical expenses for emergency treatment of an accidental injury that occurs during the trip. Emergency treatment must be medically necessary and performed during the trip. Refer to the certificate/policy for complete details.
- Emergency dental treatment Coverage is for emergency dental treatment for an accidental injury to sound, natural teeth. The injury and treatment must occur during the trip. Refer to the certificate/policy for complete details.
- Hospital advancement Coverage is for payment to a hospital, up to the maximum benefit shown on the confirmation of coverage, if needed to secure your admission to a hospital because of accidental injury. Refer to the certificate/policy for complete details.
- Adventure sports and activities Coverage is for medical expenses and medical evacuation/repatriation expenses if you’re accidentally injured while participating in over 100 adventure sports and activities while traveling abroad or over 100 miles from home.
- Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation Coverage is for an accidental injury or sickness occurring during the trip that results in your necessary emergency evacuation. An emergency evacuation must be ordered by a physician who certifies that the severity of your accidental injury or sickness warrants your emergency evacuation.
- Transportation to join you If you are traveling alone and are in a hospital alone for more than seven consecutive days, upon request, a person chosen by you can be brought for a single visit to and from your bedside, provided that repatriation is not imminent.
- Repatriation of remains Coverage is for reasonable expenses to return your body to your home if you die during the trip.
- Trip Cancellation Reimburses for prepaid, non-refundable cancellation charges if you must cancel your trip (after the effective date) due to covered sickness, accidental injury, or death of you, a family member or traveling companion; inclement weather, unforeseen natural disaster or strike; or for other covered reasons.
- Trip Interruption Reimburses for prepaid, non-refundable, unused expenses if you must interrupt your trip (after departure) due to a covered sickness, accidental injury, or death of you, a family member or traveling companion; inclement weather, natural disaster or strike; or for other covered reasons.
- Trip Delay Coverage is for additional expenses, on a one-time basis, if you are delayed en route to or from the trip for 6 or more hours due to a defined hazard as explained in the certificate/policy.
- Baggage & Personal Effects Reimbursement is for loss, theft or damage during the trip to baggage and personal effects (including sporting equipment) owned by you, provided you have taken all reasonable measures to protect, save and recover the property.
- Baggage Delay (outward journey only) Reimbursement is for the purchase of necessary personal effects if your checked baggage is delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 12 hours, while on a trip.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) – where permissible Reimbursement is for damage to a rental car while in your possession, for any cause not within your control, including but not limited to: collision, theft or natural disaster. Please note: Some rental vehicle companies may not accept this coverage, and may require you to buy rental car insurance underwritten by a carrier that is filed in that country.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage is for the loss of life or limb as a result of an accidental injury occurring during the trip. The loss must occur within 365 days after the date of the accident causing the Loss.
- One Call 24-Hour Assistance Services The One Call multi-lingual professionals are available 24 hours a day to provide help, advice, and referrals for medical emergencies. We will help you locate local physicians, dentists, or medical facilities. When medically necessary, we will arrange and pay for appropriate transportation, including an escort, if required, to a suitable hospital, treatment facility or home. Payment for medical evacuation is available only for covered claims and up to the amount of coverage provided in the policy. All medical transportation services must be authorized and arranged by One Call.
- One Call Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation Services Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation Benefits and Services are provided by the One Call Worldwide Travel Services Network, Inc.
7 Reasons to Choose World Nomads
- Trusted reliable underwriters
World Nomads is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24-hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
World Nomads provides cover for what’s important for travelers from 140 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already traveling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, World Nomads covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you traveling safely
All World Nomads members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All World Nomads members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from World Nomads. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact World Nomads directly.
Do you Need More Comprehensive Global Medical Coverage
World Nomads offers an excellent Travel Medical Plan but it does not provide individuals with comprehensive, annually renewable, major medical benefits. If you are moving abroad for the long term and would like something that will cover check-ups, wellness visits, and more, consider an international health insurance plan. We have a nice article here reviewing a variety of insurance options for global nomads, including more comprehensive coverage.
How to Contact the World Nomads Claims Team
You can check the status of your claim and communicate with the claims team by signing into your membership. You can access your new messages from your homepage or old messages from your Insurance page under “Your policies.”
Your claim will be managed by the Trip Mate Claims Service Team located in Missouri, the USA for your insurer and World Nomads.If you have a question about your claim, please contact the claims team 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
Phone Toll-Free (within the US and CAN): +1-844-207-1930
or Direct (collect): +1-816-523-1712
World Nomads Claims
Trip Mate Claims Service Team
9225 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO
The benefits described on this page are on a general basis only. There are certain restrictions, exclusions, and limitations that apply to all coverage’s and services. To review the Certificate / Policy for your country of permanent residence, you must first create a quote and follow the link provided to download.