Student Secure Plan Eligibility
To be eligible for the Student Secure Plan, participants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a Full-time Student at a college or university, excluding online colleges and universities, or within 31 days of being a Full-time Student at a college or university; or must be a Full-time Scholar affiliated with an educational institution and performing work or research for at least 30 hours per week. The Full-time Student/ Scholar status requirement is waived for Participant within the USA holding a valid F-1 visa (including those students on OPT) and J-1 visa. Full-time status requirements remain in force for individuals holding M-1, or other visa categories.
- Must be residing outside Home Country for the purpose of pursuing international educational activities.
- Must not have obtained residency status in the Host Country.
Participants visiting the US must hold a valid education-related visa. A copy of the I-20 or DS-2019 may be requested.
- Full-time Student: A student at a college or university who is taking 10 credit hours (undergraduate students) or 6 credit hours (graduate students). Full-time Student status for individuals enrolled at colleges or universities that do not use a credit hour system must provide documentation of Full-time Student status.
- Full-time Scholar: An individual who is affiliated with an educational institution and is engaging in educational activities for at least 30 hours per week. These activities may include but not be limited to performing research in an area of specialty or teaching for a temporary period of time.
- Home Country: The Participant’s Home Country is the country of Principal Residence as declared on the Application form. The Principal Residence is the country of the Participant’s true, fixed, and permanent home.
There is no dependent coverage available on the Student Secure Smart
For additional information, see: